The 21st Century has created many opportunities for remote employment and telecommuting. Unfortunately, personally caring for loved ones residing in Boca Raton, Boynton, Deerfield, Delray Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Hallandale, Palm Beach, Pompano, Wellington or the surrounding areas cannot be done effectively from a distance and may be difficult to do when you are a busy professional or have other personal responsibilities. Trying to juggle it all leaves you mentally exhausted, which can create stress and tension with your spouse, children, friends, siblings and co-workers.
The long-distance caregiver should ask these questions:
- Are other demands and responsibilities now so great that you are not able to provide the desired level of supervision, support and attention to your loved one’s problems?
- Are you, because of distance, unable to ask the right questions and provide the necessary advocacy for your loved one?
- Are problems that your loved one encounters becoming larger and more complex such that you feel out of your comfort zone?
- Would your aging family member be more willing to listen to advice from a professional rather than you?
- Are you and your siblings not in agreement on a plan of care for an elderly parent?
- Are you familiar with all the various resources and programs available to your aging family member?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then you should contact Senior Care Strategies today!